Security, Privacy and Cookie Usage on this Web Site
Poppyland Publishing Ltd is strongly committed to your security. Our website uses secure servers which support the SSL protocol. Secure socket layer (SSL) technology is used to encrypt transaction data. This safeguards confidential information such as payment card details. Entering any payment card details via your browser always uses secure mode. You can tell that your browser is in secure mode because in the address window the prefix 'http' is replaced with the prefix 'https'. A locked padlock will also be visible in the address window to confirm that your browser is in secure mode.
While your browser is in secure mode your details are encrypted and cannot be viewed by anyone else on the internet. This website supports high grade encryption which ensures that your details are as safe as possible at all times.
The certificate can be viewed at any time - double clicking on the padlock should bring up information about the certificate.
Poppyland Publishing is strongly committed to the protection of your privacy. Unlike others we will never sell your address or exploit your personal details in any way. You will receive no junk mail as a result of any enquiry or order you may place with us. Any information about you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, May 2018).
Poppyland Publishing does not collect any personal information about you unless the information is voluntarily submitted. The information we collect about you may include your name, address, telephone number and email address. Your personal details will not normally be disclosed to third parties. In some circumstances however we may need to disclose your personal details to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested such as supplying a product not held by us in stock.
You have a right to request a copy of your personal details at any time in order to check the accuracy of the information held. If you wish to do this please contact us. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. If you find any inaccuracies please advise us and they will be deleted or corrected promptly. Our retention policy is three years from your last order. After this time your record is destroyed.
If you send an enquiry by email we will only use the information you give us to fulfil your information request. If you send an order by email we will only use the information you give us to provide the service or services you have requested. We may occasionally contact a customer after an order is completed to help us evaluate and improve the service that we offer.
When we ask you to submit sensitive personal financial information, such as your credit card number, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology, making these pages secure. In addition, we have strict security protocols in place to protect our customer database, and only allow access to it when absolutely necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such details.
Our website contains links to other websites. Poppyland Publishing is not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. You should be aware of this when you leave our website and we encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit.
Cookies are small files that your web browser uses to store information on your computer. This web site uses essential and functional cookies which are required for the normal running of the site. These cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Analytical cookies are used to count and track visitors in order to improve the user experience. This website does not feature external advertising and no advertising cookies are used.
In general Cookies fall into 4 general types:
- Essential: Those which are needed for the normal running of the web site. Disabling these is not an option as the site will not function without them. An example of this type are ones which handle shopping baskets or remember where the user is on more complex sites.
- Functional: Those which improve the functionality of the site but are not essential. An example of this may be remembering a particular setting such as the language in which the page is to be displayed. This web site does not use any cookies in this category.
- Analytical: Those which benefit the site's owners. An example is the analytical cookies that count and track visitors, see which pages are the most popular and determine what the system capabilities of the user. The former help with determining what is popular and can help a site owner put more effort into the most popular sections of the site, the latter help in determining the best way to present information to the user (for example, is the audience primarily mobile or desktop). Knowing this information allows the site owner to adapt the site to the predominant type of user or, in some cases, to customise the display to the type of device detected. This site also recognises the Do Not Track setting that many browsers have now incorporated.
- Advertising and External Services:
- Those to do with third-party advertisers whose adverts appear on a site. These would not be listed below as the first party site does not have any direct control over them. For sites that use Google adverts you can change your preferences on Google's site here. This web site does not use any third party advertising.
- External services such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. This site has no control over these but links to them will not appear if you select only the essential cookies.
This web site uses the following cookies:
|__dlmid||1||Login and shopping basket account functions.||Until the browser is closed.|
|__ckl||1||Remembers your cookie preferences.||Either until the browser is closed or 1 year if the remember box is ticked.|
You haven't accepted cookies yet.
Revision of these policies
Last update: 12 September 2020.